Dolni Plezom or Unter Plesau

      About the village Plezom is the first remark from the year 1115 where was she mentioned in the chronicle from monastery in Kladruby. Vladislavem I. which allocated to the monastery as well part of the frontier area between river Mze and Mzice( now has this river name Uhlavka) with nominally given villages. In this document is very important sentence which says in Latin exactly: Dolní Plezom se asi 2 km na jihozápad od Ošelína, a byl poprvé pod tímto názven zmiňován v roce 1788. Za zmínku stojí, že byl dolní obec samosprávou a to za svou existenci celkem dvakrát poprve od 1.1.1850 do roku 1861 kdy přechází pod Ošelín a znovu od roku 1937 do konce roku 1963 kdy znovu připadla pod Ošelín. Od 1.1.1980 byla pod Svojšínem a dnem 24.11.1990 jí znovu získal Ošelín. 

„… exceptis duodecim villis, que antiquitus fuerunt ibi constitute, scilicet: Lom, Benessewic, Lobzi,Plezomi, Malcouici, Maleulaz, Chekouici, Skuirino, Bonatici, Naztaremzedle, Dalemisle, Prostoborici.
In English can you translate this text approximately like this: “… with exception of this twelve villages which have been here build in old-time and that: Lom, Benesovice, Lobzy, Plezom, Malkovice, Malovice, Čeckovice, Skvirin, Bonetice, Stare Sedlo, Darmysl, Prostibor“. As this is the first written remark about Plezom it is needed to take the age of the village from this date that is from the year 1115 even though it is probably, as it is mentioned, that she existed about twenty or thirty years earlier. Interesting is that the name Plezom which has more definition. Below you can found some of them which we have found:


  • Slow moving people, creeping
  • Root - pelz-polz – on what slides cultivator or other sliding
  • Reptile, creeping
       From the year 1186 was the village Plezom in possession from the monastery in Kladruby. This domain with yard and redemption was very often pawned to seculars. During the Hussite wars was Plezom dissolute. In the second half of 16 century is the village mentioned as dissolute. So in year 1576 was Plezom attached to Trebalsky estate.

      On its place where than founded three Plezom and that Dolni (Under), Horni (Upper) and Stredni (Middle).

      Dolní Plezom nyníDolni Plezom is about 2 km southwest from Oselin and was first time mentioned under this name in the year  1788. It should be as well mentioned that the village was self-government and that during its existence twice. First time from 1.1.1850 till 1861 when it came below Oselin and then again from year 1937 till 1963 when it was again below Oselin. From the 1.1.1980 it was below Svojsin and from the day 24.11.1990 till present time it was again below Oselin.


      The village Dolni Plezom is now mostly extinct on the place where she was remained just one building from the old grange, which now more or less a ruin. Village exist more as cadastral place.